GearMonster is a pet project at AppFoundry… it is a case for continuous research & development and evaluation of our software factory for Android. TL;DR: GearMonster is an Android app for stompbox aficionados - get it via gearmonster.appfoundry.be
Effects units are electronic devices that alter how a musical instrument or other audio source sounds. Some effects subtly “color” a sound, while others transform it dramatically. Effects are used during live performances or in the studio, typically with electric guitar, keyboard and bass. While most frequently used with electric or electronic instruments, effects can also be used with acoustic instruments, drums and vocals. Examples of common effects units include wah-wah pedals, fuzzboxes and reverb units.Source: Wikipedia You can also view this enlightening, thought-provoking, informative video on the subject of guitar effects.
As a gear-addict* i want to keep a list of effectors and store their configurations.
- Manage collection of effect pedals, wishlist, diy-todo-list…
- Group pedals (pedalboard, studio, …)
- Add notes, a picture, rating, …
- Store the effectors’ parameter settings for reference
- Mosby Model-View-Presenter Utils
- Dagger 2 Dependency Injection
- Sugar ORM
- RxJava + RxAndroid
- ButterKnife, Icepick, Process Phoenix
- Timber, LeakCanary, Fabric, Mockito, etc.
an online database that has most of them… A quick count? More than 20000… Obviously, that’s not feasible. here and here for example). This allowed me to produce over 300 icons for the most popular and common form-factors (and a few vintage designs thrown in for good measure) in a reasonable amount of time. (These would actually be directly usable for the Atari 2600 port…)
- between 16dp and 24dp for the small size and double that for the large size (32dp to 48dp)
- support hdpi+
- crispy pixels! 1-bit per pixel! no aliasing!