The new Apple TV is here and so Apple decided to organize talks at 11 places all over the world to spread the word. At AppFoundry, we were lucky enough to be invited at one of these events. In this blogpost I’ll talk a bit about each subject that was addressed at the event.UIFocusGuide which will redirect the focus to the correct element.
- Persistent storage
- NSUserDefaults: As mentioned above we only have 500KB of persistent storage using the NSUserDefaults.
- Keychain: Used to store account information.
- iCloud key-value store: Mainly used for saving preferences. Limited to 1 MB per user and 1024 key-values that can be stored.
- CloudKit: For storage higher then 1MB. Apple highly recommends CloudKit because it allows information stored by one user to be accessed by another user.
- Temporary storage
- NSCachesDirectory & NSTemporaryDirectory: For temporary local storage, apps may access the NSTemporaryDirectory and NSCachesDirectory in their own container, or NSCachesDirectory in a shared container.
- TVML (TV Markup Language) is some form of XML to create UI inside of a client-server app.
email@example.com. This mail should include the product details with the app ID and the store link. A product roadmap and marketing plans are really nice to haves and will surely improve your luck! If your app is brand new try to contact them 3 to 4 weeks before the initial release so they can check out a TestFlight build. Getting featured is surely not something you can easily accomplish. But then of course, it’s also not impossible! Good luck!