Between 2011 and 2015, AppFoundry created the mobile experience for the Devoxx conference. Each year Devoxx welcomes around 3.500 developers from 40 different countries to attend a 5 day development conference, including 200 speakers, making it one of the biggest Java conferences in the world.
We kept redesigning and improving the app until it became the standard Devoxx companion app both for Android and iOS. We’re happy to see it helping people plan their conferences in Belgium, as well as France, the UK and Morocco! The app allows you to browse the complete Devoxx schedule on both phones and tablets.
Wrapped in an enhanced design of the Devoxx theme, this application offers you an overview and details of all the presentations and speakers, with the following possibilities:
- take notes on a presentation
- social sharing
- notifications when favored presentations are about to start
- save your data in the cloud, and synchronize it to all your devices
In 2014 we helped creating Devoxx Hunt, a game in which you earn achievements by discovering iBeacons during your stay at the conference.
These beacons were hidden around the venue and in Antwerp city. The goal was for the attendees to discover all the achievements, become the number one Devoxx Hunter and claim some cool prizes at the end of the conference.
- Check your progress on the achievement screen
- The Hunt screen will show which beacons are in the neighbourhood. The closer you are to a beacon, the bigger it’s circle gets, and the closer it will be positioned in the center of your screen. Walk around to be able to interact with them. Once the lock icon disappears from the beacon, you can tap its circle.
- Login to sync your progress with the cloud and score points. You might see your name appear on the big screens during the conference!